Keeping Computers Up To Date
- Monday, 8 June 2015 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Event Announcement
- Keeping Computers Up To Date/Meeting Announcement 2015-06-08
- The Working Centre, 58 Queen Street South, Kitchener
You thought it would never happen again, but we are in fact holding a second Nonprofit Sysadmin meeting this Monday, June 8. As we did introductions last month I tried to collect some themes as future discussion topics. Somewhat arbitrarily, I propose that Monday's meeting be about keeping systems (specifically desktops) up to date:
- What tools do you use to keep desktops up to date? (Windows or Linux, or other)
- What tools do you use for third party updates (Flash? Adobe Reader? Hateful Java?)
- What tools do you use to monitor and ensure that updates are happening?
- How do you prevent desktops from filling up with spyware and other nonsense?
- For Windows people: what are you doing about the Windows 10 upgrade offer?
We will meet starting at 7pm at the main Working Centre building, 58 Queen Street South. Bill says that there is free parking kitty-corner from the Working Centre, on the other side of Charles.
If you know of interested sysadmins who might be interested in our conversation, please invite them to the meeting.