List of Open Data Advocacy Groups in Canada
From SOBAC Wiki
Information and advocacy
- The CivicAccess.ca List is where the CivicAccess.ca network discusses how levels of government can and should make civic information and data accessible at no cost in open formats to their citizens. A similar network with a focus on British Columbia is The Open Data Society of British Columbia.
- datalibre.ca is a blog which believes all levels of Canadian governments should make civic information and data accessible at no cost in open formats to their citizens. Data are collected using Canadian tax-payer funds, and use of those data should not be restricted to those who can afford the exorbitant fees.
- The Lac Carling Congress annually brings together professionals from all three levels of government in Canada with private sector companies. The event focuses on the advancement of electronic delivery of government services in Canada.
- There have been several ChangeCamps across Canada in 2009 and 2010.
- There are several citizen advocacy groups throughout Canada that work with governments and institutions to adopt open data policies:
- Edmonton: Change Camp Edmonton
- British Columbia: Open Data Society of BC
- Québec: Québec ouvert